Thursday, March 17, 2011

Leprechaun Bottle Doll: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

DD is feeling a little bit better and wanted to do a leprechaun craft too.  She wanted to do something different than the other kids.  Last evening someone shared a new art website that had lots of elementary art lessons.  I took a quick look and the bottle dolls caught my attention.  When DD asked to do a craft she agreed that the bottle doll might be fun.  She and I worked on it together and here's the finished product!

The website suggested filling the bottle with sand, but we filled our bottle with green water. The head is formed with self drying clay.

The arms, legs and feet were DD's idea.

I suggested curled pipe cleaners stuck in for a beard, but DD decided on a felt beard instead and trimmed the bottom to look like hair (you can't see it very well in the picture).

Here's the bottle doll in the beginning stages! The pointy head helps keep the hat on. This reminds me of a creature from a show I watched as a child, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.  Land of the Lost? 
Our Worldwide Classroom

1 comment:

  1. This guy is fabulous.....I think the house could be overrun with bottle people if we started on these lol!!

    ReplyDelete