Monday, March 22, 2010

Learning How Sedimentary, Igneous and Metamorphic Rocks were Formed


















These are cards from the teacherdesk.info. The packet was
more than 60 pages long and I thought it was a good quality
product (it was $4 US dollars). We used them a lot in our
talks today.

Don't miss our free 3 Types of Rocks worksheets that I made (when we studied rocks a few years after I wrote this post). There are also a lot of hands-on activity ideas in that post.
http://homeschoolden.com/2013/02/24/three-types-of-rocks-our-activities-and-a-free-worksheet-packet/
 
I shared some of our hands-on activities in these related posts:

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Other good resources for rock stuff are mii.org and geology.com . mmi has a free teacher kit you can request that includes a bunch of cool posters (and they have stuff you can download yoo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! I'll go check that out. LD seems really keen to learn more about rocks. Luckily the kit has lots of experiment ideas as I'm totally overwhelmed with the process of moving behind the scenes here. I put together a for sale list six pages long (half of which has already sold!! Whew!). That tells you how much useless stuff we've accumulated, though!! Ahh... sorry, I meant just simply to saying I appreciate the websites not dribble on about my stress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We extend our heartfelt gratitude for the outstanding article you've shared. Your contributions significantly enhance our platform, and we are truly grateful for the wealth of knowledge and insights you consistently offer. Thank you again for your thoughtful and informative contributions. Are you seeking a Study abroad consultant? Look no further! Connect with a reputable consultant today and begin your pursuit of international academic success! Have queries? Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

    ReplyDelete