Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ancient Egypt -- Geography Project

Last year we did a unit on Ancient Egypt. We really got
a lot out of that geography project as well and I thought
I'd share it (since we started this blog after that).

We shoveled sand into the container, then laid down a
aluminium foil river bed (so the water didn't all wash
away). Then we placed fertile soil on the aluminium
foil and "flooded it" and watched the dirt get carried
over the banks of the Nile. We then added a bit more
dirt and sprout seeds. We kept the dirt moist and in
about five days had a lush, Nile River Valley.

We added the Sphinx and the great pyramids too.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Sorry I haven't been in touch I haven't forgotten about you I promise :-)

    I just featured this - http://ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com/2011/05/egypt-arty-crafty-party.html - I hope it's ok?

    ReplyDelete