Saturday, July 31, 2010

Making a Home


















This is what life is really like at the moment!! Can anyone else relate?!  I shared a few pictures of the activities we did this week, but my work in large part is making this our home. Unpacking, sorting and setting up a new space is wonderful (and tiring!). But it is so fantastic to be on the downhill slope. Sometimes it felt like we would never get to this point with all the work we had to do. But now we're here!  Hooray! Our home and yard are truly amazing and I feel so grateful and blessed to be here.

Here's ED checking out the little bridge and creek at the back of the yard.

5 comments:

  1. I can totally relate. We moved back to the States from Costa Rica in April and there is still a closet full of things I need to find "homes" for. It took a whole month to get the house looking at least normal since I had the 8 month old to contend with as well as the 2.8 yr old. Good luck. Your yard seems really nice to explore with children.
    http://theadventuresofbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there and it is NO fun. I was blessed with a friend who unpacked and organized my ENTIRE kitchen. Good luck with the unpacking.
    LOVE the back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it easy litle by little you will get there.

    Your back yard looks amazing. I can't wait to see more of your photo's ove the comng weeks and months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot recall if I already let you know that we love your blog adn gave you an award. I wanted to be sure to do so., It's at http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2010/08/awards-and-belated-thank-yous-part-2.html

    Thank you for all your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your lovely comments everyone. Martianne, thank you so much for the award. I'm so touched. It means a lot to hear that others enjoy our blog. I'm so grateful to hear from all of you!

    Now I'd better run... back to the craziness of life (I currently trying to work on my blog, finish cooking dinner, help ED who is melting down b/c it's the end of the day and she's very tired... plus I have an armful of stuff I pulled out of one boxes in the dining room that I thought I'd just dash to another room to put in there (then got side-tracked by the computer). Oh no, better go I might be burning the broccoli and cauliflower!!

    ReplyDelete