Friday, March 19, 2010

Theme Time: Bears















Today the theme time table was on bears. At
breakfast we read Blueberries for Sal and Bearobics.
Blueberries for Sal is such a sweet story. It's a
Caldecott Winner from 1948. I grew up canning
blueberry jam (we had lots of blueberry bushes)
so I always have a good talk about that with the
kids when we read that book.

I also really like Bearobics. It's a rap, counting
book, has a really cute rhythm to it and is so
different from most other books and stories it's
worth a special mention too!

Also in the picture above you'll see three little
(panda) bears and the set for Goldilocks. (three
bottle caps for bowls, three chairs, three beds)
I retold the stories and all three kids were really
smitten (and demanded I do it again!). Then I
read them the story of Goldilocks (from a book).
The girls both played with the bears and furniture
on their own later.


















Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment