Saturday, February 13, 2010

Music -- Sandpaper Notes and Music Notation



















To introduce the kids to quarter notes (crotchet),
half-notes (minim), whole note (semibreve), etc., I made a
set of sandpaper music symbols. You can see where I
got the original idea here at laytonmusic or you can
download the paper symbols here. I'm grateful she shared
this great idea and resource! We've used them blind-folded;
we have them out when go over our rhythm cards, when
we've played music file-folder games, etc.

I often use the symbols just before we do a few rhythm cards. I found a wonderful set of rhythm cards at the same website. I'm using the red set 1 cards with DD and set 3 (and 4) with LD. http://laytonmusic.wordpress.com/2007/12/19/rhythm-flashcards/ I'll post a few more pictures of the rhythm cards in the post below.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment